Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Four Lokos, Darwinism & the Death of Acountability

Senator Charles Schumer (D-NY), after solving all other problems in the great state of New York, successfully turned his attention towards the banning of alcoholic beverages that contain caffeine, the most notable of these beverages is Four Loko. Four Loko, to put it bluntly, will fuck you up. I had one and I have to say it knocked me on my ass, however, I don't really see what the problem is with it.

Four Loko, like so many other things in this world, is fine if you don't act like an asshole. The problem being that too many people in this world act like assholes. Nine students from Central Washington University in Ellensburg, Washington (a university that only people who have attended Central Washington University have heard of) were hospitalized after drinking this devious beverage.

Not content with merely hospitalizing children, Four Loko went on to take a life. A Florida family is going to try to sue the devilish beverage company for the death of their 20 year old son. Their son, who was underage (as were the students at Central Washington University), drank at least three cans! What the fuck was he thinking?

This is Darwinism at its finest people. If you are dumb enough to chug three of these and put a loaded gun to your head, I'm not entirely sure what you'd add to society if you didn't kill yourself. And the fact that his parents are going to sue the makers of Four Loko is preposterous and another example of what is wrong with this country.

No one takes responsibility for their own actions anymore. Maybe Joe and Vicki Keiran should blame themselves for the fact that there son was an idiot, or maybe, and I know this will sound crazy, they should blame their son for being an idiot. Someone else is always at fault, aren't they? Tobacco companies gave me cancer, even though I've smoked since I was 15 and new the risks. KFC made me fat, even though I ate there every day knowing obviously that it isn't healthy. Starbucks made me burn my mouth because the HOT coffee I ordered was HOT!

I'd like to continue but I feel my blood pressure rising. Four Loko may come in colorful cans and various fruit flavors. They may have the equivalent of 6 beers and 2 cups of coffee. But these drinks aren't killing anyone. If you drink a few Four Lokos and take a swan dive off your roof you are doing society a favor by removing yourself from the gene pool...and it is your own damn fault.

1 comment:

  1. I'd have to agree with you. It's funny that I just went through a training seminar at work about personal accountability/honesty and integrity. It made my head spin. I've noticed such a change in the general public in the past 16 years of dealing with them and I can say with certainty that it frightens me.

    People abandon their not-yet able to speak toddlers in the store with me and walk out yet if something were to happen to little Jimmy it would be my fault, not the parent. People are taught that if they cry and scream they get what they want. If that doesn't work then sue til you do.

    My own mother-in-law who ate herself into diabetes, smoked a few packs a day from early teens until weeks before her death, and hadn't seen a doctor in almost 30 years prior to her cancer diagnosis still maintained up to her death that her ailments were other people's faults.

    I'm overweight. I'm heavier than I have ever been in my life. Who is to blame? No one but myself. I choose to sit on my ass and read a couple books a week instead of working out. I choose to grill a steak instead of eating a salad. I take personal accountability for my actions. *Gasp!* What a concept. :/

    ReplyDelete